Med Info Specialist
Newark Metro Area, NJ
- Minimum of B.S. degree with an emphasis in Science, Health Care or related fields from an accredited college or university and/or 1-2 years of pharmaceutical or related experience required. Experience can be appropriate internships or residencies. Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD) with at least three years pharmaceutical or related experience would be preferred. Working knowledge of current Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and/or other US regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to a variety of medical information inquiries from various sources with nominal supervision.
- Have frequent and direct communication with a diverse audience to relay technical/medical information that is accurate, balanced and meets compliance guidelines.
- Recognize and forward adverse drug events and/or product complaints in timely fashion to Pharmacovigilance and Quality departments, and document accordingly.
- Ensure response time to Quality assurance requests is done within one business day. Assist in staffing of the medical information booth according to the company policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with medical scientific colleagues, analyze and determine appropriate scope of information response to be disseminated for non-standard inquiries. Peer review of SRLs, creation of SRLs if information is readily available and/or update existing SRLs when new or additional information is available.
- Update and maintain knowledge and awareness of company s products, clinical research and current regulations through reading, attending seminars, meetings or formal classes. Represent department and provide compliance support for medical information activities.
- Facilitate onboarding and training of department new hires. Assist with providing foundation training to field sales teams on current medical information request and dissemination policy.