Orange County Metro Area, CA
Lake Forest, CA
- The incumbent will be responsible for mechanical design and manufacturing support using Pro-E/Creo.
- The designer will provide fundamental engineering support to develop initial design concepts through proto-typing and production release.
- This individual will interface directly with R&D, Manufacturing and external vendors to resolve design and fabrication issues
Design precision machine parts, cams & gears, mechanism, castings and sheet metal brackets.
- Create complex 3D models, large assembly, fabrication drawings utilizing Pro-Engineer Wildfire 5.0
- Design parts/assembly/fixtures from scratch or sketches and with minimal instructions/directions.
- Specify material/finish and selection of OEM components (hardware, fasteners, pins, fitting, etc.)
- Generate detailed fabrication drawings per Global DRM and ASME Y-14M with familiarity of GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Perform complex interference fit checks, motion studies, and tolerance stack-up analysis on large assemblies.
- Utilize Windchill to configure and manage Pro-E CAD data.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure project completion
- Applies intermediate level principles of engineering analysis to blend technical knowledge and manufacturing practices in providing solutions to complex engineering challenges.
- A plus: Create complex 3D surface models of plastic parts/assemblies from scratch or sketches with minimal instructions.
- BS degree with 5 years of experience in mechanical design
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills