Orange County Metro Area, CA
- This position will be responsible for supporting process/product improvement projects for electro-mechanical systems and devices.
- Provide Engineering support for product design improvements to improve manufacturing efficiency, ensure product quality and support cost reduction activities
- This position will be responsible for sustaining engineering projects related to manufacturing processes and design. Duties include material/tooling specification, design, testing and validation.
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Develop CAD project drawings and review drawings
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
- Responsible for initiation and management of engineering change requests
- Experience in molding related to Design for Manufacturability of molds,
- Mechanical design experience using ProE/Creo and GD&T
- Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) preferably Windchill
- Background in manufacturing and fabrication processes such as machining and injection molding in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret part and mold drawings
- Robotics and automation experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and/or guidance
- Hands-on action and results oriented doer with project management skills
- Excellent communications skills, including verbal, written and presentations
Bachelors Degree -Engineering