Orange County Metro Area, CA
- Design custom machinery in 3D
- Create 2D drawing packages, bill of materials, and machine manuals
- Assist engineers and technicians with design, documentation, training, and use of equipment.
- Design automation for a variety of products and assemblies using knowledge of electronic controls, pneumatic actuators, mechanical systems, and operator interfaces.
- Design and document automation concepts/specifications or make improvements to existing products with input from a number of sources (i.e., manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, marketing, etc.).
- Have knowledge of mechanical components such as servo and stepper motors, linear stages, actuators and controllers.
- Understand and be able to read circuit schematics and circuit/wiring diagrams.
- Understand electrical safety, working with both DC and AC voltages.
- Guide the design to document effort in creating models and production drawings.
- Evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Set, implement and maintain schedules to ensure project completion.
- Review initial run of the automation for design compliance and makes appropriate changes to ensure product compliance.
- Follow the product and makes requested automation changes and corrections throughout the life of the product.
- Provide technical support by providing information and answers to other engineers, departments and customers.
- Work with vendors to specify required components and enter them into CAD and drawings.
- Develop BOMs and submit to document control (Windchill)
- Balance several on-going projects at once while meeting deadlines
- Help support manufacturing, bringing your design to life
- Assist and/or supervise installation of equipment
- Possess organizational skills, maintain a neat and organized work environment, keep accurate records, maintain design logbook as required.
- Be capable in writing and executing installation qualification, operational qualification, and process qualification protocols and reports.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and over time on an as-needed basis
- Experience with machine design, material handling, robotics, and automated equipment is required
- Experience with Universal Robots a plus
- Must be fluent in SolidWorks, Word, Excel, and Email
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required