Orange County Metro Area, CA
The incumbent will be responsible for mechanical design and manufacturing support using Pro-Engineer to capture complex design intent and related processes.
The designer will provide fundamental engineering support to develop initial design concepts through proto-typing and production release. This individual will interface directly with R&D, Manufacturing and external vendors to resolve design and fabrication issues.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design precision machine parts, cams & gears, mechanism, castings and sheet metal brackets.
- Create complex 3D models, large assembly, fabrication drawings utilizing Pro-Engineer Creo 3
- Design parts/assemblies/fixtures from scratch or sketches and with minimal instructions/directions.
- Specify material/finish and selection of OEM components (hardware, fasteners, pins, fitting, etc.)
- Generate detailed fabrication drawings per Global DRM and ASME Y-14M with familiarity of GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Perform complex interference fit checks, motion studies, and tolerance stack-up analysis on large assemblies.
- Utilize Windchill to configure and manage Pro-E CAD data.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure project completion
- BS Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of experience in mechanical design
- Proficient in Creo Apps (Pro-E, Creo-3) foundation modules (3D Detail Design/Part/Assembly modeling)
- Proficient in Top Down Design (TDD) methodologies and applications of model-centric designs
- Proficiency in Pro-Engineer modules (Foundation modules, Advance Assembly Ext,)
- Working knowledge of Solidworks is a plus.
- Knowledge in low and high volume manufacturing processes including Sheetmetal, extrusion (metal and polymer), welding, machining, castings, forgings.
- Knowledge of Industrial surface design, plastic processes, plastic injection molds, and basic theoretical understanding of plastic theology is a plus.