Manufacturing Supply Chain - Inventory Control
Edison-New Brunswick Metro Area, NJ
- The supply chain analyst is responsible for sourcing raw materials to support Manufacturing Operations in a manner that optimizes spend and reduces waste. This role requires frequent communication with production and project managers in order to understand clinical supply demand of ongoing clinical trials and the ability to translate this into direct raw material needs. The supply chain analyst will carry out and handle clinical shipments of human blood derived patient material. This individual is expected to provide a high level of supply chain transparency to key stakeholders
- Develop and employ superior methods for forecasting to accurately product material needs.
- Perform frequent assessment of inventory levels to ensure adequate stock on hand and optimizes warehouse space.
- Maintain material traceability to production batches to track variances and projected costs of goods.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, especially those with challenging sourcing issues.
- Track and recognize trends related to performance of suppliers, availability of material, declining lot sizes, variances in material usage and escalate these to management when necessary.
- Execute clinical shipments of human blood derived materials to be received in manufacturing operations and return finished drug product to global sites within the clinical trial.
- Manage relationships and contracts with specialty couriers and providers of logistics equipment including temperature controlled containers, liquid nitrogen dry shippers, and temperature loggers.
Required Competencies-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with forecast planning, clinical labeling, packaging and cold chain distribution
- Knowledge of cGMP/FDA regulated industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with company and OSHA policies/procedures
- Technical writing capability
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Experience in using ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, JDE)
- Background to include an understanding of supply chain, information systems, biology, chemistry,or clinical practices
Education & Experience:
Bachelor s degree plus 2-5 years of experience
or Associate/ Medical Technical degree and 5 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
or High School diploma/GED and 6 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions; however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may be necessary.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and documentation.
- Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job environment.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face, core body, and legs/feet.
- Makeup, gum, nail polish, or other potential microbial sources are prohibited in restricted areas.
- Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with assigned pressure and temperature conditions. Reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents