Houston Metro Area, TX
1. Work with Cataract and Vitreoretinal R&D groups on development projects resulting in achieving R&D s project goals. Tasks include supplier evaluation/qualification, component qualification, managing prototype builds, assuring assembly process is developed and documented, assure BOM s are entered and maintained correctly, assure product costs are accurate and rolled, conduct Production Readiness Review.
Support Product transfer projects either into or out of plant
2. Identify and qualify alternate materials and/or components for either risk mitigation or because of obsolescence.
3. Maintain adequate supply of purchased components through contact with Procurement and the Suppliers. Qualify tooling and equipment as required to assure capacity.
4. Address any component or product quality issue assigned, determining root cause and completing corrective action.
5. Address any requests from other departments related to BOM s and components.
6. Manage product labeling.
7. Identify and qualify Cost Improvements.
- Communicates clearly.
- Speaks/writes English.
- Works well with others.
- Has leadership capability and is self starter.
- Ability to learn and retain many complex processes quickly.
- Focuses on detail/quality.
- Experience writing technical protocols/reports.
- Ability to use MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Project.
- Root cause analysis experience to determinine cause of issues.
- Experience in Medical Device industry - Manufacturing / Design / Quality Engineering fields.
- 1-10 years experience in an engineering or scientific R&D or manufacturing environment.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or scientific discipline.