San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Will be responsible for planning all of manufacturing, including the QC schedule.
- Will assure that all products are manufactured adhering to existing Quality System Regulations and are accompanied by appropriated documentation.
- Administrative work is required (maintaining inventory, and other duties as necessary).
- Plan and schedule all manufacturing builds and QC testing.
- Assist in overseeing the manufacturing and QC schedules.
- Collecting and providing metrics on manufacturing.
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate inventory levels of raw materials and manufactured materials. Verify that all materials necessary are available for manufacturing at the planned manufacturing date.
- Assist in the creation of the yearly manufacturing and QC budgets and assisting the departments in the ahearance to these budgets.
- Works with internal departments (R&D, QC, LabPMM, etc) in developing a consumption schedule for manufactured items.
- Works with Sales and Marketing in developing a sales forecast for manufacturing with an enphasis on minimizing scrap and backorders while improving efficiency.
- Works with Project Management in developing a manufacturing schedule that meets project deadlines, budgets, other business constraints.
- Works with suppliers of core raw materials to ensure quality, quantity, price, and availability.
- Participate as the backup Manufacturing Representative on management teams such as, but not limited to, the Design Core Team, Material Review Board, Design Review Board, and Management Review Team.
- Direct working knowledge of a manufacturing environment, including use of SOPs, ERP systems and purchasing specifications.
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Strong working knowledge of PCR and molecular biology is desirable.
- Meticulous and detailed oriented.
- Ability to follow Standardized Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to train employees.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of a BS Degree in a scientific discipline.
- Requires 2+ years of experience in manufacturing planning or equivalent planning experience.
- Requires 2+ years of experience in a GMP regulated industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.