Manufacturing Associate - CAR-T
Newark Metro Area, NJ
Purpose and Scope
Manufacture cell culture media preparation in support of S12 ide cel CAR T manufacturing per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in a controlled, cleanroom environment. This position is for the Weekday Shift Monday through Friday with shift coverage from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Start and end times are subject to change based on business demands.
Required Competencies: Knowledge/ Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of media and buffer preparation requirements for cell culture, and aseptic processing or lab techniques
- Familiarity with cGMP/FDA regulated industry
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read, execute and document steps in a GMP batch record
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Background to include a basic understanding of biology, chemistry, or pharmaceutical processing
Education and Experience:
Associate/ Medical Technical degree and 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
OR High School diploma/GED and 3 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions; however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may be necessary.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and documentation.
- Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face, core body, and legs/feet.
- Makeup, gum, nail polish, or other potential microbial sources are prohibited in restricted areas.
- Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with assigned pressure and temperature conditions.
- Use of reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents are expected.
- Ability to work in the vicinity of strong magnets.
- Potential routine exposure to human blood components is possible.
- Designated areas may prohibit food, any outside materials such as cell phones, tablets, at a minimum.