Manager, Software Engineering
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Manages Company s software engineering initiatives.
- Develops project plans and manages resource allocation.Supervises direct report software engineers.
- Manages the Company s software engineering initiatives. Develops project plans, timelines, and manages resource allocation. Communicates risks in a timely fashion. Adapts plans to shifting priorities.
- Supervises direct report software engineers. Tracks progress, provides design reviews and mentoring as necessary. Coordinates with external technical resources.
- Manages a team that develops reliable and secure desktop diagnostic and analysis applications to be included with company products. Manages the integration with Bioinformatics team to interface user-friendly Windows interfaces with Perl-based analysis algorithms.
- Manages a team that develops scalable and maintainable web applications using good design standards and design patterns. Uses performance metrics to optimize configurations.
- Manages ancillary systems related to application development (version control, Wikis, issue tracking).
- Develops and documents software development procedures and methodologies.
- Develops software specifications and user stories; consults with project stakeholders and end-users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, hardware and software environments and interfaces with other systems.
- Maintains detailed documentation of code and software procedures; manages and documents software changes via a version control management system.
- Evaluates emerging technologies, trends and standards. Researches, recommends and applies new technologies as necessary.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of the Company s global internal and external software initiatives and how they are connected.
- Cooperates and respectfully communicates with external and internal customers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude, excellent programming and communication skills.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Ability to consistently meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and respond to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and take on new challenges.
- Ability to consistently meet critical deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Adheres to and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as written and verbal instructions.
- Experience with software verification and validation processes and documentation is not required, but would be an asset.
- Strong candidates would also ideally possess experience with product development following strict regulatory requirements and documentation.
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of a BS degree in Computer Science or related field of study.