Linux Systems Administrator
San Jose Metro Area, CA
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improve overall performance and reliability.
- Support and improve internal tools for deployment of the shared Infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain tools for proactive monitoring, planning, and performance tuning of the internal Infrastructure.
- Perform complex day to day troubleshooting and resolution of Infrastructure issues (Network, Storage, Servers, OS, Applications, etc.).
- Expand and evolve internal Infrastructure in a scalable, highly available, and distributed fashion.
- Be able to keep a cool head under fire and take part in a shared weekly guru rotation.
- Effectively interact with other development organizations in order to accomplish shared projects successfully.
- Knowledge of Linux, vSphere and enterprise server hardware. Installation and configuration.
- Experience in deploying local area network.
- Experience with coding, systems administration or scripting.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with a history of steady technical progression.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop technical skills.
- 2+ years of experience working in large, high-volume, production distributed environments.
- Must have a solid understanding of at least one of the areas of infrastructure (vSphere, Linux Systems).
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking concepts (Subnets, VLANs, Jumbo Frames, LACP, NIC Teaming, Unicast/Broadcast/Multicast, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, SSH, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.