Newark Metro Area, NJ
High School Diploma or equivalent with 5+ years of lab based experience OR Associates Degree with 2+ years of lab based experience preferred. Will consider candidates who have more experience then defined in these requirements but the bill rate range (in Supplier Comment Section) will remain the same.
1. Support daily lab operation of a dynamic, scientifically-driven team dedicated to the development of chemical synthesis of active pharmaceutical compounds.
2. Ensure chemical and lab waste pick-ups, chemical delivery, glassware washing, glassware repair, and associated activities are conducted
3. Perform general laboratory housekeeping duties, e.g. ensuring stock of safety glasses, lab coats, paper towels, soap.
4. Assist with laboratory organizization.
5. Maintain storage systems for supplies and equipment, responsible for maintaining stock of lab consumables and chemical supplies, e.g. glassware, tubing, gas cylinders, NMR supplies and solvents, chromatography and separation supplies.
6. Assist with laboratory equipment upkeep (NMR, GC, DSC, TGA, LCMS, HPLC, SFC, XRF) through periodic maintenance activities with aproporate oversite (e.g. N2/He fills, maintaining LC/LCMS solvents).
7. Coordinate sample transport and handling to and from partner groups.
8. Coordinate external sample shipping. Ability to prepare samples (safe weighing and handling of chemicals) a plus.
9. Coordinate vendor visits for equipment updates and repairs.
10. Conduct routine safety inspections (e.g. eyewash checks) and assist Departmental Chemical Hygiene Officers.
11. Remain current with required Departmental and Corporate compliance, safety, and operational trainings.
12. Other lab-based duties as required.
Title: Lab Technician, Drug Substance Development (Chemistry)
High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and under supervision in a fast paced, multidisciplinary, environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Must maintain a good attendance record.
Prior experience working in a research laboratory or chemical manufacturing facility is strongly preferred.
Familiarity with environmental and safety compliance practices a plus.
Familiarity with GMP/GLP practices and standards are a plus.