San Mateo Metro Area, CA
Objective of Position
The Lab Coordinator provides technical and administrative support to the Biology lab at San Carlos.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Works closely with biology lab team to ensure safe and cost-effective daily operations of the lab.
- Performs regular inventory of lab stock room and orders reagents in a timely manner.
- Maintains ordering database and keeps track of deliveries.
- Keeps track of liquid nitrogen delivery, compressed gas (carbon dioxide) delivery, and waste pickup.
- Maintains database of patient samples.
- Organizes liquid nitrogen and -80C freezers for storage of patient samples.
- Communicates with clinical team regarding incoming samples and upcoming clinical studies.
- Prepares materials and reagents for upcoming experiments.
- Organizes lab protocols, manuals, MSDS, and other materials.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of laboratory space.
- Ensures proper functioning of lab equipment by coordinating repairs, calibration and preventative maintenance.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Comfortable working in a laboratory environment and handling liquid nitrogen.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- BA or BS with a preference towards a degree in the biological sciences.