Junior Project Manager
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
San Francisco, CA
- Design agency experience is a big plus
- Passion for Design is a must
Our company builds tools for everyday consumers, and the small businesses and global enterprises that serve them. Our work shapes a vital, complex, and thriving ecosystem that powers a global economy helping people and businesses grow.
The Community & Culture Program Coordinator will coordinate workflows, artifacts, and processes to support the coordinating of programs that drive organizational strategy, inclusivity and interdependence across the teams within Reach UX.
This role requires a sharp, organized mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to self-start. The Program Coordinator will work with leads for each of our Community & Culture program initiatives to plan team meetings, coordinate delivery of project artifacts/deliverables, and distribute project-related communications to team members, leaders, stakeholders.
This job requires you to be an expert scheduler and organizer as well as a flexible thinker who can balance many objectives and teams in multiple locations. The Program Coordinator must be able to navigate across a large team to find the best, most-efficient solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Coordinate deadlines for materials for the above meetings and email communications, working with Administrative and Executive Business partners and the project owners of these communications to ensure on-time delivery
- Coordinate with the Communications Designer to ensure a high level of quality for all cross-team communication materials such as presentations, documents, emails
- Maintain the team website, curating updates to the site as needed and coordinating content with volunteers
- Work with Community & Culture project leads and their partners to develop and execute internal and external community-building events.
- Internal events include our yearly Summit and other bi-annual Managers Summit.
- External events include UX panels, workshops, and community gatherings hosted or sponsored by our company
- Work with the project teams to coordinate event planning timelines, coordination of volunteers, delivery of artifacts such as presentations, printed materials, event marketing materials.
- Plan and coordinate event logistics including managing attendance, promotional material/swag, working with onsite and offsite vendors
- Support event planning by maintaining the event planning timelines, planning and coordinating team planning meetings, and coordinating presenters
- Coordinate timing, location, attendance, and communications for workshops and classes offered as part of our learning opportunity development for team members. These may include required trainings such as interview trainings
- Support our hiring initiatives by triaging and coordinating support for team-based hiring among the project leads and partners, and coordinating the onboarding of new hiring managers to our team-based hiring initiatives
- Participate in the development and execution of team communications. These are critical channels of communication between our leaders and our team.
- Coordinate planning meetings and presentation artifacts for regular cross-meetings including our monthly Managers Meeting and quarterly All Hands
- Collect and collate material for email communications, such as the quarterly Newsletter and our quarterly Spot Bonus email, recognizing accomplishments from across our team
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
- 2-3 years experience managing complex programs and interfacing with cross-functional product development teams
- Ability to relate to executives and a creative, data-driven audience (i.e.., our VP and Director stakeholders and our team of researchers, designers, writers, front end engineers)
- Self-starter, works well with ambiguity and is able to keep projects on track with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail balanced by the ability to focus on the big picture
- Excellent communication skills, ability to relate with people across functions and levels
- Design agency or management consultancy experience
- Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar design software