San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
Geo s mission is to Assist users as they navigate and explore the world, wherever they are. One of the key pillars to that mission is for our data to stay up-to-date, providing a real-time, self-updating model of an ever-changing world.
Maintaining a faithful rendering of the world is a massive and complex effort. At the center of it all are the Operations Tools that collect, create, moderate and process data from various sources into accurate and meaningful information for our billions of users worldwide.
The Geo UX team is looking for an Interaction Designer in Mountain View, dedicated to defining experiences for users of Geo s data tools, in order to improve operator efficiency, moderation of user-generated data, and streamline workflows.
Improve usability and productivity of various Geo Operations data tooling such as:
- Basemap features drawing and editing (roads, buildings, etc)
- Internal Street View traversing, synthesizing, and annotating
- Advanced data visualization creation and management
- Bulk data curation and management
- Partner data provider onboarding experience
- Create detailed wireframes, mockups, and prototypes following a user-centered process to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborate closely with, or conduct, research to validate concepts, and communicate results to the teams.
- Work with product, developer, and content teams to come up with UX designs and prototypes.
- Communicate effectively in a UX and cross-functional team. Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale effectively.
- Take input/requirements from multiple stakeholders across different organizations. Participate in regular design reviews.
- Develop/apply general visual style and consistent interaction patterns.
- Potential travel once per quarter at most to India and/or Washington.
- Portfolio is a must
- Bachelor Degree in relevant area (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, architecture), HCI
- 2-3 years of professional experience in design
- Expert skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience designing products for large scale digital enterprise
- Experience working on desktop and/or drawing applications
- Experience managing complex projects involving many other stakeholder groups, across multiple locations and time zones
- Ability to handle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle the biggest opportunities in the local space