Interaction Designer (Search UX)
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
Search UX is looking for an Interaction Designer to help create the future of internal tooling at Google.
This is a role on a vibrant, collaborative and growing team focused on surfacing technical, infrastructural and user insights to bringing new opportunities to Google products.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about analyzing complex workflows, committed to creating simplicity in design, enjoys digging into technical and implementation details.
- You have a background in development or technical infrastructure, and are a true team player, interested in using your unique skills to contribute to the team overall
- You will collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of UX, engineers, designers and product managers to understand opportunities, design UI improvements and workflows
- You will be responsible for increasing the impact of multiple tools across the organization, including feature updates and entirely new designs. Help influence the future of Google from the ground up
- Join a team that impacts the very heart of Google, creating tools that increase efficiency, surface user insights, and shape the direction of user facing products.
- If you are passionate about simplifying workflows and seeing your work ripple across an organization this is the team for you
- Overall responsibilities: Support multiple internal tools focused on helping Google quickly gain user insights in order to create better products, faster
- Distill complex, layered user journeys into streamlined workflows
- Understand technical and theoretical concepts to create simple solutions for complex actions
- Storytell and frame problems for a diverse audience of stakeholders, helping them envision the opportunities
- Create low- and high-fidelity mocks, detailed interaction specs, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Manage multiple work streams, set priorities and communicate timelines with stakeholders
- Communicate directly with engineering teams to understand implementation impact and make tradeoffs
- BA/BS degree
- 3 years experience in related field
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, Gmail, Slides)
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, polished UI mocks, creating product specifications
- Experience collaborating with product management and engineering counterparts
- Experience with tool interface design
- Experience with complex system thinking and developing patterns or frameworks