Seattle-Bellevue Metro Area, WA
The preferred location is Seattle but Austin, TX is also an option.
We are seeking seeks a Technical Instructional Designer with a strong production background in a fast-paced/ rapid development environment to lead design and content development for the GCP Engineering Support training program. In this role you will build technical troubleshooting/ GCP Architecture training.
- Use design thinking principles to frame engineering learning opportunities, explore learning solutions, and present/pitch solution and rationale to your stakeholders.
- Proactively identify subject matter experts (SMEs) and facilitate informational interviews with SMEs to gather necessary knowledge and directional input for content development
- Design and rapidly develop targeted trainings that ensure our Technical Solutions Engineers understand internal product architecture, common case issues, internal tools, and build the instinct to properly troubleshoot that architecture.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and Technical Solutions Engineers in order to understand business needs, technical architecture, technical troubleshooting and translate them into learning and performance objectives.
- Work with Learning & Development Program Managers to facilitate reviews, approvals and gain alignment on content direction, design and details.
- Update and maintain existing training content on an ongoing basis. Curate existing content to create new learning designs and paths. Upload learning solutions into the learning management system (LMS) and test complete solutions in target environments when required.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design or a related field (e.g., Technical Writing, Educational Psychology, etc.), or in lieu, 2+ years practical experience.
- Experience with e-learning frameworks such as Adaptive Learning, ADDIE, CCAF, or other learning development approaches.
- Experience in writing scripts/interview guides for video, editing video, and in creative design.
- Experience working with Technical Support or engineering teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, autonomous environment that required a high-level of autonomous work
- Design thinking skills - framing a problem, collecting information, empathetic listening, identifying solutions to the problem, making decisions on the solution, communicating clearly throughout the process
- Project management skills - planning, scheduling, time management, effective communication, working as a team, managing multiple tasks/projects at a time, working with various stakeholders, and a commitment to quality and results
- Stakeholder Management Skills- Ability to build relationships and to collaborate with effectively across functions and levels including Software Engineers and developers
- Communication Skills - Ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly. Excellent editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills; demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and presence.
- Superior editing, writing, and presenting skills and proficiency using G suite applications (e.g. Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Industry certifications in learning sciences, instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, or content-specific certifications as appropriate (CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
- Technical Understanding of GCP products, consult with engineers to gain understand product architecture and how to troubleshoot our products to independently build trainings for new hire Technical Solutions engineers
Candidates must answer the following questions and submit with the resume;
Tell us about your experience with Google Cloud platform and/ or other cloud computing experience you find relevant to this role. Please be detailed in how you use GCP/ Cloud products. *
What experience do you have in building training for highly technical Engineering teams? *
Walk us through your process to build technical training for a technical product that you may not have experience with? *
What do you understand about this role and how do you see your skills aligning to the role? *