San Jose Metro Area, CA
As a Senior Instructional Designer (SID), you will partner with the Curriculum Strategist, Training Site Leads, Training Coordinator, and Subject Matter Experts to analyze, design, develop, and implement new trainings for our Operations technical roles. You ll work closely with subject matter experts to understand their roles then build innovative, scalable, defensible training solutions.
- Manage vertical development
- Perform gap and needs analyses at the team/vertical level
- Develop materials for vertical
- Review materials and maintain quality standards
- Coordinate with Training Coordinator to set calendars
- Align team to timelines
- Set individual team milestones and project goals (specifics)
- Meeting with CS and other SIDs to discuss progress and changes
- Point of Contact for development
- Facilitate SME communications and reviews
- Triage updates and feedback from Training Site Leads
- Collaborate with Information Specialist on first draft of communications
- Discuss with Training Coordinator: Schedule for training Schedule for development, status Communicate logistics feedback Communicate general logistics for new rollouts or updates Communicate changes to curriculum/roles
- BA/BS degree in Learning Development, Instructional Design, Education, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with fast-paced cutting edge technologies
- At least 5 years of Instructional Design/ Curriculum development experience
- At least 2 years experience reviewing the work of others for quality and consistency
- At least 3 years of Storyline experience
- Experience identifying training needs, defining, and building training solutions to address the needs of participants in a start-up environment
- Solid experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex training projects and coordinating cross functional stakeholders to deliver quality training materials within deadlines; excellent relationship building, collaboration, consultation and influencing skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude; excellent written and oral business communication and people skills.
|Skill Name||Level (1-5, 5 being the highest)|
1 2 3 4 5
|Articulate Storyline||4-5 Years||Yes||Experience developing e-learning and interactivity using Articulate Storyline and Storyline 360|
|Documentation||4-5 Years||No||Detailed documentation of training content and expected outcomes|
|Working collaboratively||4-5 Years||Yes||Working as part of a team, both locally and remotely|
|Communication||4-5 Years||Yes||Communicating via email, ping and in-person to maintain quality cross-functional relationships.|
|Organization||4-5 Years||Yes||Clearly plan and track multiple work-streams and timelines within team.|