Marin Metro Area, CA
- The Analytical Biochemistry and Cell Biology group within the Research department is seeking an exceptional cellular immunologist at the Scientist level to join a matrix team-based research department.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the development of immunology-related therapeutics and add immunology expertise to project teams.
- Applicants should have a PhD in the field of immunology with expertise in autoimmune disease and model systems.
- Direct hands on experience in cell culture, molecular biology techniques, and autoimmune animal models is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively on project teams, being resourceful, taking initiative, and attention to detail are essential.
- Candidates should be scientifically flexible in working in a wide range of disease areas.
- Immunology assays, applications, and diseases.
- Ex vivo and cell culture based assays migration/activation, magnetic bead separations, FACS.
- Molecular biology qPCR, ELISA, multiplex assay, Westerns.
- Required Skills:
- PhD degree with extensive experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
- Focused education on autoimmunity and autoantibodies.
- Experience with animal models of autoimmunity.
- Cell culture work with immune cells relevant to autoimmune disease.
- Molecular biology RNA isolation, ELISA, Western, immunofluorescence.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Desired Skills:
- Having glycobiology experience a plus.
- Derivation of clonal cell lines.
- Ex vivo culture and stimulation of human PBMC and/or human cells derived from secondary lymphoid tissue.
- Scientist 1: PhD with 0-2+ years of relevant industry experience.