Human Factors Engineer
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Prepare study materials for usability tests, conduct formative and summative usability tests for medical devices, analyze data, and compile results and findings for multidisciplinary teams of engineers, developers, and executives.
- Contribute to HFE documentation needed for creating Usability Engineering File .
- Conduct task analysis, design reviews, Cognitive Walk-throughs, and other formative design and evaluation methods.
- Make design recommendations based on usability tests, standards and best practices.
- Participate in cross-functional design reviews.
- Author test plans, protocols, and reports
- At least 3 year of industry experience coordinating and conducting Usability Testing, including measurement of user performance, data analysis and reporting of results.
- Proficient in user-centered design process.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, and as a presenter.
- Familiarity with FDA human factors processes towards the development of medical devices and follows the guidelines of the FDA (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75) strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- BA or BS in Human Factors, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Industrial Design, Engineering Psychology or equivalent technical degree.