Edison-New Brunswick Metro Area, NJ
- PhD in Chemistry or related with formulations development experience.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for formulation development activities with emphasis on in house lab & pilot scale development of the formulation and process for oral and parenteral drug product development of small molecule candidates
This research scientist will conduct hands-on laboratory work such as solubility, stability, formulation development, solid state characterization, to suport pharmaceutical development of oral and parenteral small molecules. Formulation development can include vehicle screening, small scale screening for amorhpous solid dispersion or nanosuspensions. Characterization work can include HPLC, XRD, TGA, DSC, and DLS. The scientist will collaborate with muti disciplinary drug product development teams to meet global project development timelines. The scientist will sumamrize his/her work in research reports and will participate in the departmental meeting and present on their work on a regular basis.
Recent PhD s or M.S., with 3 years experience and a desire to be part of a drug product development team responsible for oral solid dose formulation and parenteral formulation and process development from bench to pilot scale. Solid academic credentials demonstrating independent thinking and problem solving. Good verbal and written communication skills; good problem solving abilities; and good organizational skills.
1) Member of a team of formulation development scientists and engineers
2) Responsible for formulation design & process development of oral solid dosage forms and parenteral drug products
3) Responsible for hands on laboratory and pilot plant work
Participate in formulation development project and work in a interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers. Partner with project leaders to meet timelines to complete parenteral and oral solid dose projects.