Formulation Research Associate
Newark Metro Area, NJ
BS/MS in Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science with minimum 2 years of solid dosage form development experience is preferred or PhD in Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science with solid dosage form project.
The successful candidate will be responsible for formulation development activities with emphasis on in house lab & pilot scale development of the formulation and process for oral and parenteral drug product development of small molecule candidates
1) Member of a team of formulation development scientists and engineers
2) Responsible for formulation design & process development of oral solid dosage forms and parenteral drug products
3) Support the transfer of formulation and process to scale-up and tech transfer groups and to CRO/CMOs
4) Responsible for hands on laboratory and pilot plant work
5) Support regulatory filing activities
6) Responsible for conducting analytical testing on the compound and drug product
7) Write report, present data at project team meeting, and create database file
Participate in formulation development project and work in a interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers. Partner with project leaders to manage budgets, resources and timelines to complete parenteral and oral solid dose projects.
BS/MS/PhD graduates with a desire to be part of a drug product development team responsible for oral solid dose formulation and parenteral formulation and process development from bench to pilot scale. Solid academic credentials demonstrating independent thinking and problem solving. Good verbal and written communication skills; good problem solving abilities; and good organizational skills.
BS/MS/PhD in Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science with minimum 2 years of solid dosage form development experience is preferred.