Orange County Metro Area, CA
This position will immerse you in the latest electronics technologies, power management, optical light source control, optical light source alignment, ARM processors, FPGAs, DACs and ADCs. This position will allow you to work on products from concept to production.
In a typical day, you may:
- Work closely with other engineers in multi-discipline teams to build the electronic subsystems for new and existing products. This work will include updating or creating new designs and evaluating electronic systems, components, integrated circuitry.
- Create designs using state-of-the-art electronic design tools (such as Allegro).
- Write and test embedded firmware for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems.
- Participate in design qualification planning, testing and execution.
- Work closely with production engineering, service and other key stakeholders to provide engineering support for factory or field issues.
- Learn and use the organization s Product Data Management (PDM) system to document and manage the configuration of parts from early design to product production.
- Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
- Analog design and use of simulation tools to evaluate op-amps, FET s and discrete components, with working knowledge of Spice analog simulation tools such as Orcad, LT spice, Allegro.
- Experience with digital designs utilizing devices such as processors (ARM), microcontrollers, DDR memory, SPI flash memory, DACs and ADCs, EEPROMS and FPGAs
- Creations and modification of design and documents through engineering change notices (ECN) using a PDM tool, or change control system.
- Creation and documentation of test fixtures, and providing the interface between production and design engineering.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee compliance testing (CE, EMC, FCC, IEC) at external test facilities for new and existing products.
- Experience with various test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMM, signal generators and logic analyzers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required; Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supporting new design development and sustaining existing designs utilizing schematic capture, PCB design and part life-cycle management (PLM) tools.