Dual Role Lab Supervisor/Bench Scientist
Newark Metro Area, NJ
This is a mixed role combining elements of lab supervisor and bench scientist roles. The successful candidate will monitor and assist team members in a matrix environment while running his or her own experiments. The role exists within a high throughput testing team. That team s primary role is to provide analytical support to the process development and characterization teams on as part of the development of a CAR T cell therapy.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Coordinate analytical development team member workloads against incoming assay requests
2. Assist with new team member onboarding and training
3. With minimal supervision, design and execute/implement analytical experiments of moderate complexity
4. Provide analytical support for process development and characterization groups
5. May conduct experiments/analysis independently and may assist other scientists/analysts with experiments employing various methodologies, including: cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, cell counting, microscopy, etc.
6. Critically analyze and interpret data using statistical methods.
7. Apply fundamental scientific knowledge to projects and problems in a positive manner.
8. Perform data analysis and summarize experimental results
9. Interact with QC and Process Development teams to advance analytical projects
10. Organize, record and maintain experimental data
11. Convey data analysis and interpretation to supervisor and colleagues with clarity and high level of accuracy.
12. Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
13. Assist other staff to complete all laboratory tasks as necessary
14. Document/review laboratory work using laboratory notebooks/worksheets that is detailed, timely and in compliance with GLP/cGMP requirements.
15. Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with company and OSHA policies/procedures
B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
Must have strong scientific knowledge appropriate for analytical development work
Experience in leading a team in a matrix reporting environment would be advantageous
Experience in diverse analytical techniques (ELISA, flow cytometry) would be advantageous
Experience working in a regulated environment would be advantageous
Excellent verbal and written communication skills