Downstream Process Development
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS with 0-2 years of experience
- BS with 2 + years of experience in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology or related life science engineering fields.
- Highly motivated team player capable of leading by example and who exceeds expectations in all aspects of the role.
- Experience with protein purification including hands on experience with TFF, UD/DF, GE AKTA, chromatography at small/pilot/large scale is required.
- Hands-on experience in the insect cell-baculovirus expression technology platform is a plus.
- Broad experience in cGMP, biologics, and manufacturing and understanding of regulatory guidelines is preferred.
- Experience drafting SOPs, Batch records, reports, and protocols is required.
- Pursue work with the goal of (1) improving the existing purification process and (2) develop novel manufacturing processes with the highest quality on time to advance the product pipeline.
- Design and execute experiments following appropriate laboratory procedures and produce competent and reproducible results to a high technical standard.
- Appropriately analyze data, interpret results, and maintain accurate records with minimum supervision.
- Interact with Assay Development, QC, QA, and pre-clinical group.
- Ensure safe work place in compliance with the company and EHS' rules and regulations.
- Work hands-on to develop, optimize, and scale-up downstream processes using small to large scale purification systems in the laboratory setting for the purification of AAV vectors.
- Keep current with advances in downstream processes for viral vector production.