Director - Microarrays
San Jose Metro Area, CA
The Sr. Director, R&D- Microarrays will be leading a multi-disciplinary organization, across the Microarray platform, providing technical focus and insight, and driving product development to meet product roadmap objectives. This individual will work across clinical business programs for both marketed products and products under development, and will also serve as a key contributor to the Microarray global strategy development plan. The Sr. Director, R&D will focus on several key areas of responsibility, including leading, coaching and developing the Microarray R&D team including molecular biologists, bioinformaticians and biologists, ranging from BS to PhD level and with varying years of professional experience. This individual will also act as a key internal technical leader between bioinformatics, software development, manufacturing, marketing, customer support and other product development groups within the Genetic Sciences Division. In addition, this individual will have oversight of all Microarray KOL collaborations.
Thermo Fisher Scientific s Microarray solutions include whole genome chromosomal microarrays, gene expression products and RNA-ISH tissue pathology products.
The Sr. Director, R&D will have responsibility for providing direction and focus to meet or exceed the Microarray business unit as follows
- Proven track record of successfully launching global life sciences and/or diagnostic products
- Experience with multiple systems solutions e.g., instrument, reagents, and assays
- Experience interacting with remote factories in launching new NPI s
- A good understanding of the field of molecular diagnostics using MicroArray technologies. Experience with the development of molecular diagnostic assays under FDA-mandated Design Control
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams to drive multiple assay development programs from their inception to their FDA/ CE-IVD clearance
- Gains alignment to support goals by integrating R&D and other disciplines such as Marketing and Product Management using a partnering and consultative approach. Effectively engages as an external liaison with customers to grow new Microarray business opportunities
Global Customer Focus
- Builds strong customer relationships that enables the delivery of global customer-centric solutions
- Able to apply customer and marketplace knowledge to advance the revenue and market share of the Microarray business unit
- Builds R&D leadership bench strength and orchestrates movement of associates to the right projects in order to optimize output of new content.
- Builds a great team and great culture across Genetic Sciences Division and the Microarray business unit
- Attracts, engages, develops, and retains top talent at all levels of the Microarray organization