Director - In Vivo Pharmacology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join our team as a Director of In Vivo Pharmacology. The successful candidate is collaborative and team-oriented scientist with proven leadership abilities. The Director will lead a growing team responsible for in vivo studies to support a robust pipeline of immunotherapy approaches in a science- and patient-centric company.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the nonclinical in vivo Pharmacology group
- Provide strategic, scientific and managerial leadership across functional research areas and program teams as the functional area representative
- Design, manage, analyze, review, summarize, interpret and report results of in vivo pharmacology studies (primary and secondary pharmacology, mechanism of action, mechanism of disease, PK/PD, etc).
- Initiate and manage relationships with contract research organizations and academic laboratories
- Manage research collaborations
- Develop, oversee, and manage department budget, liaising with the Head of Research and the Finance group
- Provide input and tactical planning to nonclinical development strategy
- Prepare reports, regulatory documents, INDs and BLAs. Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Foster a collaborative, innovative and problem-solving culture
- PhD in neurobiology, cell biology, pharmacology or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience in pharmacology departments
- Previous supervisory/management experience leading more than 5 employees
- Experience in immunotherapy and antibody development.
- Proficiency in development and characterization of functional readouts to investigate novel mechanisms of action
- Ability to synthesize and interpret diverse, multidisciplinary data sets
- Demonstrated ability to identify, negotiate, and oversee outsourced services with vendors.
- Experience with financial budget planning and tracking
- Strong verbal and scientific writing skills, with experience preparing pharmacology sections for regulatory submissions.