San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
As a Designer, you will work closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle. You are a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better. Interaction Designers work on projects that have an impact on the web experience of millions of Google users.
"Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features. Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for
PORTFOLIO is REQUIRED with submittal
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in design
- Experience designing and shipping software design experiences.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts and experience working with collaborators
- Experience taking a collaborative approach to design; track record of co-creating with other designers, Eng, PMs
- Experience partnering on strategic direction and decisions with Product Management and Engineering
- Effective working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, prioritize, and execute work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience creating and maintaining a design system, framework, and/or pattern library
- Strong understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when to apply them.
- Comfort and agility conducting research at varying levels of rigor (e.g. comprehensive studies and lightweight, scrappy methods.)