Creative Lab Motion Designer II
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
- As a UX Designer, you will work closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle.
- You are a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better.
- Interaction Designers work on projects that have an impact on the web experience of millions of users.
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and feature.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Partner with UX design, research and writing from concept to completion.
- Evolve patterns, components and styles.
- Participate in design sessions and communicate ideas and rationale effectively.
- Solicit feedback from peers and stakeholders, iterate designs to meet user needs and product excellence.
- Mandatory BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of industry experience.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Experience shipping products/experiences geared toward general consumers.
- Designing native Android mobile applications.
- Knowledge of material design standards and principles.
- Proficiency with Sketch and other design tools.
- Strong core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively.