San Jose Metro Area, CA
- As a Creative Engineer, you'll develop, test, and maintain web components and utilities.
- Partner with Designers to ensure our library is consistent with brand standards.
- Ship accessibility compliant and easy to use interfaces by collaborating with UX Developers.
- Support other Creative Engineers as they build websites leveraging our tools.
- Your hard work will reach billions of users!
- Develop and maintain reusable and accessible web components and utilities
- Implement automated tests and configure/maintain CI systems to run them.
- Have a voice in the design process and contribute component architecture proposals.
- Write documentation including demos and best practices.
- Provide support to users of code library and gather their feedback.
- Develop UI components
- Write unit tests for components
- Fix bugs and other maintenance tasks for existing components
- 2 years experience writing custom UI components.
- 6 years of experience developing websites and applications.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Intimate knowledge of the front end stack and the latest web standards including ES6, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Experience with mobile development including responsive design and page load optimization
- Experience writing unit and/or end to end tests Cross discipline communication and organizational skills
- Proven coding consistency and attention to detail
- Experience architecting component libraries Typescript (or experience with another typed language)
- Experience implementing accessibility standards
- Contributions to open source Sass, Gulp, Node.js Protractor, Jasmine, Karma Coding to a style guide & linting DevOps (build systems, project scaffolds) Agile Experience (story point estimation, sprints) Git workflows (branching models, merge tools, release versioning)