San Mateo Metro Area, CA
- Work directly with internal clients and external parties to review, draft and negotiate low to medium-risk and low-to-medium-complexity commercial agreements under guidelines established with Commercial legal team
- Respond promptly to contract requests from product teams and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that product teams can understand and use in vendor discussions
- Act as a sounding board for sourcing team members; advise sourcing team and internal product teams on the legal issues and risks, agreement, and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Commercial legal team regarding any changes to key legal contract terms (such as LOL, indemnity, etc).
- Working with Commercial legal team, support the development of standard contracting templates
- Review/QA work of the Sourcing team on contract negotiations and redlines of schedules, attachments, etc.
- Educate the Sourcing team on basic contract concepts (e.g., privacy, confidentially, indemnification, IP, etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience; drafting and negotiating commercial and intellectual property-related contracts whether as a contracts manager, contracts negotiator, paralegal or legal assistant.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret complex contracts and work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years of related experience reviewing and negotiating contracts, whether as a contracts manager, contracts negotiator, paralegal or legal assistant
- Strong analytical skills, especially as it relates to contract interpretation
- Knowledge of the life sciences industry