Contracts Manager - Medical Affairs
Newark Metro Area, NJ
PRE-REQUISITES: 4+ years in the Pharmaceutical Industry; 2+ years in Contract Management, Bachelor s degree in life sciences, business or finance required
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Perform and manage all activities associated with the development and execution of contracts with clinical investigators, vendors, consultants, and other agreements as necessary.
2. Negotiate contracts and/or budgets and assist company Medical Affairs staff in preparation of SOWs in alignment with existing master service agreements.
3. Prepare agreements/contracts, negotiate any requested changes to wording, identifying changes to the Legal department and coordinate any changes requested in areas of the contract that are critical to company s interests.
4. Track, manage and monitor all changes to agreement scope and ensure timely amendment finalization and implementation.
5. Utilize Oracle system to obtain financial approvals for contracts/budgets and to generate purchase orders.
6. Update tracking system with all agreements/contracts/budgets information.
7. Develop, track, and report performance metrics for comparison to internal and industry standards.
8. Maintain an electronic library of agreements/contracts previously negotiated, existing, and in-progress.
9. Communicate with company internal team members, vendors, Investigators/Institutions as necessary to resolve contract/budget issues.
Experience in pharmaceutical contracts, Medical Affairs contracting experience required
Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation and communication skills
Responds resourcefully to changing business demands and opportunities, proactively looking for ways to contribute
Promotes the sharing of information across departments and/or teams within the function
Demonstrated ability to function in a highly matrixed team environment
Proven ability to multi-task
Strong oral, written, and organizational skills
Demonstrated competencies in analytical thinking, thoroughness, detail orientation
Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)