San Diego Metro Area, CA
1. Understand cancer biology, biochemistry and molecular and cell biology.
2. Familiarity with various cellular assays in high-throughput formats and automation equipment.
3. Strong data handling skills including importing/exporting data into/from database, organizing data for easy interpretation and experience with a variety of scientific/data analysis software applications.
4. Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills as well as ability to write protocols and technical reports with precision.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Design and conduct in vitro experiments in cell biology (Transfection, Immunofluorescence, lenti-virus production), biochemistry (Western blot), molecular biology (DNA cloning), and assay development (ELISA, bDNA) with minimum supervision.
2. Maintain cell cultures and characterize cancer cell lines.
3. Develop and implement relevant cell based assays to support identification, optimization, and characterization of novel chemical matter
4. Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner