Worcester Metro Area, MA
- Perform on-site calibrations on laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: Pressure Gauges, Microplate Readers, Pressure Transmitters, Scales, Incubators, Stirrers, Balances, Temperature Controllers, Wave Tables, Centrifuges, Spectrophotometers, Water Baths.
- Review reports and documentation from client and inspect malfunctioning lab equipment to determine nature and scope of problem
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other Calibration Technicians and end-users
- Ability to become proficient with the use of customer management software (Maximo) to track service calls and complete job tasks
- Analyze review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommend repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Develop and conduct training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, Standard Operation Procedures & Work Instructions.
- Access & utilize Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Work effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embrace Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Positively Represent the company at all times throughout client locations.
- Maintain Service Level Agreement targets including a 100% on-time completion goal rate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma and Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer, particularly working with laboratory instrumentation, or 3 or more years relevant industry experience
- Effective communication skills and ability to establish good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Ability to work independently within a customer location