Orange County Metro Area, CA
The primary scope of this role will be to perform calibration and maintenance activities including production, test, repair, inspection or quality test of one or more products within the surgical instrumentation, quality or technical services organization.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Calibrate measuring and test equipment (electronic, electro-mechanical, dimensional, and pressure)
- Proactively manage day to day operations with a sense of urgency
- Enter information into the calibration management system
- Review calibration documentation (internal and external) for compliance to corporate and local requirements
- Schedule and coordinate calibration activities by internal and external suppliers
- Generate purchase requisitions, review/approve invoices, and resolve billing discrepancies
- Work collaboratively to solve calibration issues including the identification, analysis, and resolution with engineering (High level/complex/critical thinking)
- Work with stakeholders to identify and implement new metrology to meet needs
- Assist with the creation or update of Standard Operating Procedures and business processes and tools
- Must be able to pass all job-specific training or certifications required for core tasks or specialized assignments
- Participates in team projects to develop process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance product quality
- Hands on experience troubleshooting, metrology, fixing test equipment. Experience performing pressure, torque and electrical calibrations (in a calibration/metrology lab)
- Experience using pressure calibrators (e.g. Fluke Ruska 7250), dead weight testers, multi-product calibrators (e.g. Fluke 5500 series), digital multimeters (DMMs)
- Prefer previous experience working in either Medical Device, Aerospace, utilities (electric, gas), military, or commercial calibration labs (SCE or Edwards Life Sciences).
- Experience performing out of tolerance investigations is a plus
- Knowledge of or experience with ISO 17025 and/or ANS Z540 is a plus
- Must have Microsoft Office experience (Excel)
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent directly related practical, hands-on experience in calibration/metrology, 2 years preferred
- Industry experience in med device, aerospace, or automotive preferred
- Military experience or certification in electronics highly desired