Houston Metro Area, TX
The Calibration technician will work across multiple departments within the facility. They are responsible for the routine inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of instruments and manufacturing equipment. They will be working under minimal supervision and assisting the other calibration technician.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Calibrate measuring and test equipment and specialty production equipment that may include pressure, temperature, electronic, electro-mechanical and physical/dimensional instruments.
- Perform all work in a professional manner using established procedures.
- Use MTE manufacturer s manuals and drawings to help determine calibration tolerances.
- Provide help to determine measurement uncertainties based on calibration tolerances and process tolerances.
- Record all relevant calibration data on calibration data sheets and ensure the calibration hardcopy records are accurate and maintained in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review calibration documentation (internal and external) for compliance.
- Record all relevant calibration information for tracking in the calibration management system (Blue Mountain Calibration Manager) and ensure it is accurate and maintained in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all procedural QSR and ISO/cGMP and Corporate requirements relative to equipment calibrations.
- Work collaboratively to solve calibration issues including the identification, analysis, and resolution with engineering (High level/complex/critical thinking)
- Write Calibration Procedures using the manufacturer s manual or drawing for guidance.
- Complete other required calibration/metrology tasks as directed.
- Requires 2+ years directly related practical, hands-on experience in calibration/metrology field.
- Military experience or certification in electronics highly desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and good interpersonal skills required.
- Familiar with the calibration of pressure, temperature, electronic test equipment and physical/dimensional instruments.
- Familiar with Blue Mountain Calibration Manager calibration database a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.