San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
This role is in the business development team. We have a lot of data about our users and developers. There are a lot of datasets and most of them are generally very big in size. We need someone who can build a suite of aggregate data-sets, reports and dashboards from this data.
In addition to building these dashboards, we also need user friendly documentation on how to use these aggregate data-sets and dashboards.
- The main skill sets required is SQL and experience in creating powerful data visualizations
- Since the datasets that we are dealing with will be very big, we need someone who has experience in writing very efficient SQL code in a similar environment
- Another requirement is good communication skills so that candidate can work with other analysts on the team and discuss requirements and iterate on the projects
- Understand the metrics behind the apps or games business
- Build and maintain dashboards to present key metrics and help quantify the impact of various programs
- Work with large data sets, automate data extraction, build monitoring/reporting dashboards and high-value, automated Business Intelligence solutions (data warehousing and visualization)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent of 2+ years of practical experience
- +2 years of experience (We are looking for hard core data analyst candidates whose career focus has been on data analytics and business intelligence)
- Experience analyzing data and creating reports with spreadsheets
- Database query experience (e.g., Dremel and SQL languages)
- Experience working with data visualization tools to deliver results
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases and of database design best practices, with strong SQL-based skills and application development and ETL (database creation, optimization, data feed productionization etc)