Biosample Management Associate
Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA
- Performs BioRepository Management duties for BioSpecimen Management, with meticulous attention to details. Works independently to receive shipments of human biological samples, verify sample integrity and data accuracy, process (centrifuge, aliquot, and pool) samples, consolidate inventory, retrieve and distribute samples, ship specimen collection supplies to partners, and monitor laboratory supply inventory.
- Follows departmental work instructions, SOP s, OSHA safety regulations and GLPs to perform assigned tasks. Duties include handling hazardous biological materials (BSL-2) as described above.
- Works independently in a validated Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), maintaining documentation in accordance with established procedures; performs basic database queries and creates new requests as needed.
- Maintains a high level of organization to independently manage all aspects of complex service requests and thinks creatively to resolve challenges as encountered.
- Works independently to communicate with diverse stakeholders, internal and external to Roche, regarding biological material shipments, schedules and discrepancies identified during the verification process.
- Participates in laboratory certification and accreditation management activities, audit preparation, and team member recruitment activities.
- Participates in required training related to position; takes personal responsibility for being current in all training activities.
- Manages daily activities/responsibilities and assignments to meet business needs; establishes priorities using inputs from business requirements and/or internal customer needs.