Automation Engineer Team Leader
San Francisco Metro Area, CA
Join us as we try and revolutionize the treatment of previously hard to treat conditions like autism and schizophrenia.
We are seeking a highly-experienced, full-time automation and engineering team leader that will be both strategic and hands-on.
- Lead a team of laboratory automation specialists and engineers
- Hands-on system integration with laboratory equipment such as automated liquid handlers (Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman etc), robotic arms, plate readers, imaging platforms, LCMS, etc.
- A strong passion for troubleshooting hardware problems
- Design, plan, budget and expand our automated production and data acquisition platform, including incubation, liquid handling, imaging and sample collection
- Integrate with biology and software teams to understand and adapt our automation platform to company needs
- Stay up to date with new developments in laboratory automation and adopt them for our platform
- Establish and manage relationships with vendors and contractors
- Expand the team s capabilities through hiring and career development
- 7+ years of industry experience in pharma or biotech automation
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Have had operational responsibility for a 24/7 automated laboratory system
- Background in pharma or biotech industries
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- MS or BS in engineering or relevant field