Associate Scientist in Exploratory Toxicology
San Diego Metro Area, CA
The Associate Scientist in Exploratory Toxicology serves as an integral member of the team that supports discovery and investigative toxicology studies. This scientist will provide technical support to conduct in vitro and in vivo toxicology studies in Exploratory Toxicology and support operational activities within Nonclinical Development, San Diego.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Design and conduct in vivo toxicology studies. Candidate should be proficient in test article administration by oral and parenteral routes, performing clinical observations, blood collection and necropsy.
2. Clinical chemistry and hematology sample analyses
3. In vitro toxicity screening and investigative/mechanistic toxicology studies with endpoints such as cell-titer glo, qPCR and western blots
4. Tissue culture systems such as conventional cell culture, co-culture models and organ culture systems
5. Provide comprehensive study data analysis and reporting
6. Communicate study findings and outcome to study director, lead scientist and/or toxicology management
7. Support operational activities such as managing study inventory and scheduling, ordering compounds, histology specimen management, and quality control/data assurance of data and deliverables
1. Requires Bachelor s degree in toxicology, biology or related discipline with at least 6 years of work experience or Master s degree with at least 4 years of work experience.
2. Requires experience in the design and conduct of in vivo toxicology/pharmacology studies required.
3. Requires experience in tissue culture highly desirable.
REQUIRED: Experience with the design and conduct of in vivo toxicology/pharmacology studies
NICE TO HAVE: Familiarity with electronic data capture systems
REQUIRED: Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency
NICE TO HAVE: Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams
REQUIRED: Familiarity and ease of use with GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook