San Diego Metro Area, CA
Associate Scientist with experience in cancer cell biology to participate in drug discovery research with a particular focus on protein homeostasis as it applies to oncology and immuno-oncology.
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
- Plan and execute scientific experiments
- Analyze and interpret scientific data
- Maintain primary and cancer cell lines and conduct routine cell culture tasks
- Conduct various routine cell based assays to characterize drug compounds
1. Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 4 years industry experience or Master s degree with at least 2 year industry experience.
2. Practical experience in, and a solid understanding of basic cell biology, cancer biology, immunology, and assay development.
3. Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) and working with small molecules compound.
4. Expertise with a variety of cell-based assay technologies including cell phenotyping technologies (e.g., flow cytometry) and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis, antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western blotting, ELISA) required.
5. Experience with molecular biology techniques such as cloning, CRISPR and RT-PCR, is a plus.
6. Experience with the use of HTP/HCS and automation instruments, is a plus.