Associate Scientist - Pharmacology
San Diego Metro Area, CA
CORE JOB FUNCTION:
We are seeking a scientist with in vivo skills to support the discovery and development of new drugs targeting immune cells for immune-oncology indications. Ideal candidates must be skilled in animal handling (mice) including drug administration by multiple routes, tumor implanting and tissue harvesting. Additional experience with in vitro techniques such as cell culture, cell isolation using magnetic beads, flow cytometry, ELISA, Mesoscale, Nanostring, Western Blot, and qPCR is preferred but not required. Candidate is expected to work independently with minimum supervision.
1. Bachelor s degree with at least 5-10 years or master s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, or Molecular Biology with minimum 5 years industry experience. Candidates with a background in Immunology or Cancer Biology will be preferred.
2. Extensive experience with in vivo tumor models, including tumor volume measurement, drug dosing via various routes, injection, blood and tissue collection required, experience with syngeneic and xenograft models is a must.
3. Experience with cell culture, isolation of primary cell populations and performing cellular assays.
4. Experience with in vitro techniques such as ELISA, Protein simple, MSD, flow cytometry is preferred but not required.
5. Data analysis skills and experience with a variety software application such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Graphpad prism are required.