Associate Scientist - Cell Culture Laboratory
Edison-New Brunswick Metro Area, NJ
BS Biology or related. Must have experience and interest in project management.
The primary responsibility will be to manage the activities, timelines, deliverables for multiple projects supporting cell culture laboratory and manufacturing. Drafting meeting agendas, minutes and other communications will be required. Establishing SharePoint tools for ensuring department organization will also be important. Knowledge of Cell Culture, GMP, FDA regulations, laboratory and manufacturing requirements.
Summary: Perform experiments to support cellular process development and pre-clinical supply. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the cell culture laboratory. Generate cellular supply for Pre-Clinical studies from Process Development laboratories and/or participate in Pre-Clinical or Clinical supply campaigns with manufacturing staff.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Execute/implement cellular process development and optimization studies on one or more of the following areas: cell culture, cell harvesting, immuno-selection, tissue processing, cryopreservation, phenotyping, etc.
2. Provide project management support for analytical development activities.
3. Perform data analysis and summarize experimental results, with supervision as appropriate
4. Prepare and maintain cell culture reagents and media
5. Ensure sufficient laboratory supplies for daily laboratory operations
6. Organize, record and maintain experimental data
7. Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
B.S. or MS in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Biology related discipline with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
Must be proficient in project management tools and techniques.
Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
Must have strong engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cellular process development
Experience in flow cytometry and aseptic technique is preferred
Knowledge of cGMP and SOP development
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel