Associate Scientist - Analytical Chemist
San Diego Metro Area, CA
1. Must have previous experience and technical proficiency with development and implementation of HPLC methods, including SEC, RP-HPLC, chiral separation for the analysis and quantification of small molecules. Experience with Agilent HPLC and Waters UPLC systems is desirable.
2. Develop chromatography-based methods for assaying small molecule content and related impurities in a diverse set of formulation matrices.
3. Interface with formulators and other team members to design, schedule and execute experiments.
4. Perform analysis of samples for pre-formulation, formulation development and stability studies.
5. Maintain equipment, interface with equipment vendors and troubleshoot problems when they occur.
6. Document methods and data, and present results to project teams.
7. Previous experience and technical proficiency with Mass Spectrometry detection is preferred.
8. Required to work with multiple teams on a diversity of projects in parallel.
9. Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and problem solving skills.
10. Ability to document work in electronic notebooks, presentations, reports and procedures.
B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or closely-related discipline with an emphasis in Analytical Chemistry plus a minimum of 4+ years industrial experience in analytical development for small molecules. An advanced degree is preferred.