Associate Research Scientist
Cambridge Metro Area, MA
- Work independently in supporting senior fellow in biopharmaceutics evaluations. Design, plan, and perform analytical experiments in order to test hypotheses and advance understanding of fundamental scientific principles. Interpret and report results.
- With minimal oversight from senior fellow, design and perform analytical scientific experiments.
- Standard and novel solubility and dissolution experiments of drug substance and drug product.
- Analysis by Fiber Optic techniques and UPLC/MS. Experience with quantitative UPLC/MS analysis of samples is necessary.
- Interpret results, evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions, and capture all experimental data in electronic laboratory notebook according to company electronic documentation process.
- Report and present results internally and contribute to publications and presentations if applicable.
- Utilize complex tools and equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities.
- Empower Chromatography software, Acquity UPLC, HPLC, QDa detectors, fiber optic systems and dissolution baths. Experience with solid powder handling equipment and automation is preferred.
- Electronic laboratory notebook (Cambridgesoft eLN) and ChemDraw
- Maintain infrastructure and equipment and required investments.
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level and/or to any other relevant project team members.
- Work according to appropriate SOP s, HSE and company guidelines. Maintain a clean and safe working space.
- Keep track of lab supplies and submit orders to ensure proper availability so as not to delay any planned experiments. Plan work and complete in a timely manner.
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of laboratory and technical tools.
- Proficient in utilization of special tools and equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities e.g. analytical tools such as UPLC.
- Good knowledge of software and computer tools.
- Literature search skills.
- Very good communication skills. Good presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
- Minimum: BS in analytical science with 4-6 years lab experience
- Desired: MS in analytical science with 2-4 years lab experience