Associate Director Scientific Communications
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Associate Director, Scientific Communications Operations
Responsible for maintaining systems and processes critical to the compliant and efficient execution of the global scientific communications plans.
- Responsibility for the development and delivery of internal and external scientific communication strategy and related tactics including global publications (e.g., abstracts, posters, manuscripts) and scientific materials for Medical Affairs team members.
- Scientific Communications oversight of compliant data management requirements, facilitation of contracting and budget planning, and the development of project management tools, reports, and timelines for complex projects.
- Ensure the publication development process is consistent with policies & SOPs and compliant with current relevant guidelines including, but not limited to, International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) guidelines, CME Open Payments reporting, and Good Publication Practice (GPP3)
- Support the Scientific Communications, Compliance, and Legal functions in development and conduction of audit procedures
- Advanced degree preferred
- At the Manager level, a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, primarily in Medical Affairs publications project management is required; 7 years are required at the Associate Director level.
- Expert knowledge of relevant guidance including, but not limited to International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) guidelines, CME Open Payments reporting, Good Publication Practice (GPP3)
- Ability to create, track and plan timelines and budgets