San Jose Metro Area, CA
Android Pre-loaded Software Policy Analyst
Pre-loaded software on Android is governed by a set of permissions. These permissions control whether a pre-loaded app is granted various capabilities such as access to sensitive data, the ability to install new apps, change system configuration or make, send or receive messages on behalf of the user.
As a pre-loaded software analyst you will help to define and enforce policy around the use of these permissions by pre-loaded apps. You will work to analyse the privacy and security risks of Android permissions. You will analyse the potential impact of various policy options on partners and critical use-cases. You will use this analysis to formulate and recommend policy and develop mechanisms for enforcing this policy using existing internal tools.
Top 3 responsibilities:
- Analyse Android platform APIs and privileged and signature permissions
- Analyse platform builds using Google s existing analysis
- Produce reports detailing capabilities of permissions, their risks and their usage.
- BA/BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience including experience in security analysis and related policy development and enforcement.
- Software development for the Android ecosystem
- Experience with using SQL to analyse large datasets
- Security analysis
- Experience in Android pre-loaded software development or analysis
- Reverse engineering