Android Application Development Engineer
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Prior experience developing or maintaining Android applications is highly desired. Prior experience with using and/or building web services is desired. Experience with communication over Bluetooth Smart / BLE is a definite advantage.
- Design and implement new user-facing features - develop, test and maintain Android apps.
- Collaborate with designers to create innovative user experiences.
- Develop prototypes quickly to validate interactions and prove product designs (and, take that code to hardened, production ready standards).
- Optimize applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and limitations of interacting with embedded devices.
- Write client-side code to create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and integrate prototypes; coordinate with product team to make recommendations and deliver high quality product
- Work in an Agile environment to quickly iterate over the design-build-test-measure cycles
- Develop processes and maintain infrastructure to continuously validate the robustness and responsiveness of the applications.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, EE or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in mobile application development with experience in delivering apps for consumer products
- Strong software development skills: proficient in Java (for Android)
- Experience with using and/or building web services
- Experience with using BLE / Bluetooth
- Experience or familiarity with iOS application development (or, a cross platform framework such as Xamarin)