Atlanta Metro Area, GA
The role of Contract Analytical Scientist is part of the Quality organization working on a special project for the world s leading contact lens manufacturing site. The role will support a project established to investigate improvements to the material formulation for a leading contact lens brand. The position will conduct analytical method development and testing following established SOP s, methods, and procedures in compliance with cGMP, FDA regulations and Corporate Quality Policies.
This position is semi-independent, with the expectation to complete tasks on time in accordance with agreed deadlines. This position is expected to communicate effectively on needs, challenges and successes; works with a sense of urgency; is highly focused and requires a high attention to detail.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct testing and data collection necessary to support development of product enhancement at the JCM Alcon facility.
- Provide technical input on observed issues with analytical methods, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct lab investigations, and special analytical projects as assigned.
- Complete and participate in training activities which maintain or improve analytical skill sets and practices.
- Define and work on resolving technical problems within defined scope and within level of expertise.
- Actively work in a team environment and participate in natural work groups and increase productivity.
- Assist with method implementation and/or method transfer activities
- BS plus 1-2 years relevant experience in cGMP regulated environment with knowledge of FDA and Quality System requirements.
- Must have demonstrated experience in precise and accurate manipulation of extremely small quantities (micro volumes).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Analytical Chemistry.
- Experience with analytical method development and range finding studies preferred.
- Additional experience with other analytical laboratory equipment preferred, such as HPLC, UV-Vis, FTNIR, IR, USP Monograph Testing, Viscometry, Particle Size Analyzer, is also a plus.
- Computer Skills required with working knowledge of MS Office, with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, goal orientated achiever with ability to prioritize and organize own work semi-independently.
- Proficiency with written and spoken English.
- Minimum: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related field from an accredited university.
- Preferred: MS in Chemistry or related field from an accredited university.