: Associate Scientist in Exploratory Toxicology
San Diego Metro Area, CA
The Research Associate in Exploratory Toxicology serves as an integral member of the team that supports discovery and investigative toxicology studies. This research associate will provide technical support to conduct in vitro and in vivo toxicology studies in Exploratory Toxicology and support operational activities within Nonclinical Development, San Diego.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Conduct in vivo toxicology studies. Candidate should be proficient in test article administration by oral and parenteral routes, performing clinical observations, blood collection and necropsy.
2. Clinical chemistry and hematology sample analyses
3. In vitro toxicity screening and investigative/mechanistic toxicology studies with endpoints such as western blots
4. Provide comprehensive study data analysis and reporting
5. Communicate study findings and outcome to study director, lead scientist and/or toxicology management
6. Support operational activities such as managing study inventory and scheduling, ordering compounds, histology specimen management, and quality control/data assurance of data and deliverables
1. Requires Bachelor s degree in toxicology, biology or related discipline with at least 2 years of work experience.
2. Requires experience in the design and conduct of in vivo toxicology/pharmacology studies required.
1. REQUIRED: Experience with the design and conduct of in vivo toxicology/pharmacology studies
2. NICE TO HAVE: Familiarity with electronic data capture systems
3. REQUIRED: Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency
4. NICE TO HAVE: Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams
5. REQUIRED: Familiarity and ease of use with GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook